Gear & Spline Broaches: SPUR
All Spline & Gear Broaches are ground on state of the art CNC equipment. We specialize in fine to medium pitch Spline & Gear Broaches for the Aerospace & Instrument Industry. We design tooling that is appropriate to the job. Our minor size broaches (Dwell Teeth) allow for near perfect concentricity from the pitch diameter to the broached minor diameter. This feature allows for later tooling points or spline qualification. Ground fillet radius are standards.
- Pitch Diameter Size: .100 to 6.0 P.D. and up to 48 long
- Diametral Pitch Range: 10/20 to 150 D.P.
- Module Conversion: 2.540 to .169333 Mod.
- Fine Pitch, Dwell tooth and modified tooth profile.
Special Form Broaches
Our broaches are designed and made with the key elements of the part in mind. Hex, Square or D-D Broaches may have side shaver teeth if the tolerance requires. They are designed & made with a purpose – The success of the end user.
- Hex, Square, D-D, Body Keyway, Serrations and more.
- Bearing cage broaches with retaining slots.
CNC Gear Grinding: External
Because of our flexible dress system we are able to convert quickly to profile modifications. (i.e. Plus Tip, etc.) Using Diamond Wheel Dressings, we program exact points of tooth Geometry. All spline & gear parts are element checked and charted on our state of the art Klingelnberg P26 Gear Analyzer and Wenzel WGT350 Gear analyzers.
- Size & Range: .100 to 6.0 P.D. up to 36 long
- Diametral Pitch Range: 6 D.P. to 150 D.P.
- Module Conversion: 4.2333 to .169333 Mod.
- Low volume, non-standard pump gears.
Production Broaching: Internal
- Up to 90 inch
- 50 Tons
- Pull Through
- Blind Hole
Typical Lead Time:
- 7 – 10 days after receiving parts and applicable tooling.
Our specialties include holding good concentricity from pitch diameter to location diameter. If the part is processed correctly, this can save future truing operations and reduce costs.
Blind Hole Broaching Internal Splines, Squares, Hex’s in Aerospace materials. Our operation is very competitive with shaping on parts under ¾ inch P.D. It is clearly the best choice for Splines under 3/8 P.D. for both quality and price.
Blind Hole Broaching
Our Blind Hole Broaching is an economical and efficient means of internal Spline production. This operation offers good concentricity to ground location Journals and good surface finish when part material is hardened to Rc32-36, it is competitive with shaping parts under ¾ P.D. and the best choice for splines under 3/8 P.D., for quality and price. The main advantage is that it is very repeatable in size and does not have any variance because of cutter deflection.
- Splines, Hex, Squares, Specials
- .100 to 1.125 P.D.
- 12/24 to 150 D.P.